Since my birthday was on a school day (my friend made me walk around with a sash and helium balloon all day, not to mention 5 bags!)I thought I would bake a tray bake for us all to have at dinner time and this is what I made!
The actual recipe was suppose to have walnuts in the place on white chocolate and another layer of 50 grams in between the topping and brownie but since some of my friends aren't too keen on nuts I substituted them, feel free to change it back though!
Cheesecake Birthday Brownies (makes 16-20 pieces) Adapted from the divine cookbook 'most incredibly rich brownies'
- 100 grams of dark chocolate (the more cocoa solids the better)
- 200 grams of unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 400 grams of caster sugar
- 250 Grams of plain flour
- 3 table spoons of cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 100 grams of unsalted butter
- 200 grams of cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 200 grams of icing sugar
- 50 grams of chopped white chocolate
- preheat the oven to 170oC/ 325oF/ gas mark 3. Break the chocolate into pieces and add to a heat proof boil with the cubed butter. Set over a pan of simmering water until melted, leave to cool while you make the brownie batter.
- grease and line a 20 x 25 cm tin. Whisk the eggs until combined, add in the sugar and whisk until pale and thick before sifting the flour cocoa and bicarb. Fold gently, the mixture will be quite dry up to now
- Add in the melted butter and chocolate along with the vanilla, mix until combined and pour into the tin
- to make the sweet cheesecake topping beat the butter, cheese and vanilla in a bowl until smooth, add in the egg and mix then sift in the icing sugar and mix until creamy
- pour the topping over the brownie mixture and add the chopped white chocolate, put in the oven for 50 minutes until the top is golden
- leave to cool in the tin before slicing and enjoying!