Thursday 5 September 2013

Healthy Zucchini, Feta, Hummus and Tomato Pizza

So the main reason I blog, bake and photograph is too escape school and do something I actually like to do, also to escape homework and pathogenesis's theorem......                                                                                                                        


But in the holidays I didn't have to do much escaping from that so all was good. I have a few photos and posts lined up which I'll have get round to editing and writing at some point, so don't be confuzzled if I'm still posting summery recipes into autumn! 



This pizza reminds me of Italy: 1. because it's pizza and 2. Because it's green, white and red! Anyhoo I have a story to tell........  Meet Paul my baby courgette, he was massive! 




He weighed 4 pounds 5 ounces and had my eyes (:


He was used in pizza, cake and ratatouille! 



Just thought I'd bombard you with pictures back there sorry, this is one of those posts where I had quite a few pictures but not very much to say. The reason I've finally got round to posting is because today was my first day back at school, and I already want to escape back to my world of 'all that glisters'. How I have missed it through August! 


NOTES
So this pizza. It's not your average pizza (like I say in a lot of my post I know, sorry!) because it uses hummus instead of tomato sauce and feta instead of mozzarella. However that does not mean it is not as good to eat, it's also, in fact, more healthy and counts for well over your 5 a day! 
I like to make my own pizza base because I like it thin in the middle and thicker round the edge but you can use shop bought and the recipe makes enough for a deep pizza too.
The amounts are guide line too, it really depends on what you like most of on your pizza!


Healthy Zucchini, Feta, Hummus and Tomato Pizza

pizza base-
  • 225 grams of strong white flour or wholemeal flour
  • 7 gram sachet of dried yeast
  • 2 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 2250 ml of warm water
  • semolina to dust
Pizza-
  • 100 grams of hummus
  • 75 grams of feta
  • 1/2 a zucchini
  • cherry tomatoes
  • olive oil and balsamic vinegar to finish
  • mint leaves

  1. for the pizza dough mix the flour and yeast in a bowl and create a well in the centre, add in the olive oil and slowly pour in the water while mixing until you have a wettish dough (you probably won't need all the water)
  2. knead on a floured surface for 10 minutes until it becomes very stretchy and can be rolled out thin, place in an oiled bowl and cover, leave in a warm place for 1 hour
  3. preheat the oven to 240C/475F/Gas 9
  4. place the dough on a floured surface once more, roll out into a circle and place on grease proof paper onto a baking sheet, brush with oil and dust with semolina to make it crisp
  5. cover with hummus peel the zucchini into ribbons using a potato peeler and scatter on, crumble over the feta and scatter the tomatoes and add some salt and pepper
  6. place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, while cooking you may want to add on some more zucchini and feta and it wilts
  7. once out drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and oil before adding the mint
  8. eat!

p.s I'm doing a guest post on Miss Messy's mess makes food tomorrow so be sure to take a look! I posted a sneak peak on my instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment